Friday, December 22, 2006

warming to Christmas again

While getting a couple of presents engraved yesterday, I was talking to the man who was doing the engraving, about the joy of having children, and the fact that having children around, makes Christmas all the more exciting. That is so true! The past few years, Christmas has just been another day - it's been a day to share with family which is always nice, but something has been missing....

With Christmas '06 approaching however, I am finding I am excited about Christmas, and feeling very festive - it almost feels like it did back when I was a kid. The only thing I can put it down to, is having Gaby. Somehow this

cute little cherub, who will probably sleep through most of Christmas day, and who won't realise what all the fuss is about, has made the season seem exciting again.


... Normally I hate Christmas shopping, but this year I had a lot of fun
... Normally I hate wrapping presents, but this year it was fun!
... Normally I hate the prospect of all the cooking & cleaning that needs to be done, but this year it's just getting me even more in the Christmas spirit!

How can one so small, create such a bit change in attitude?

No comments: