Sunday, May 27, 2007

2 teeth, 7 months, where has my baby gone

Gaby turned 7 months old yesterday - and last week she got her first two teeth!!!! I know I say this evvvvverrrryyyyyytime, but WHERE DOES THE TIME GO??? I have been reminiscing a lot lately about my pregnancy, and about when Gaby was born. I can't believe that all of that was 7+ months ago. It was almost 16 months ago that I found out I was pregnant! It was a bit over a year ago that we had our 'big' scan & found out we were having a girl. Gosh, those days I will never ever forget. The first scan I still cry about when I think of it. Nothing can describe the feeling you get when you realise that your baby is infact alive & well.... or the sudden realisation that the chance you'll become a parent in around 6 months!!!!

Gaby is developing so fast. All of a sudden she's touching EVERYTHING - she has a particular fascination with cell phones & remote controls, and suddenly she needs to touch the door handle when she's going through a door!!! She is sitting extremely well - she doesn't fall over often, and when she does it's because she's trying to turn around & look behind her. Have I mentioned she LOVES the cat? Poor kitty, he's going to be so harrassed once she starts crawling!

I am loving that me, Stu & Gaby ARE a little family now. Most mornings that Stu is here, he or I will bring Gaby into our bed when she wakes up in the morning, and have a family snuggle. It's so sweet, and I feel so complete when we do it. I am looking forward to the day we finally move in together & can be a REAL family, but I know we aren't quite ready for that yet - though I'm confident it is going to happen!!!!!

Gaby is so lucky to have so many people who adore her. Nan, Poppa, Aunty Terri & Uncle Gavin worship the ground she..... lies/sits on, and I know they'd do anything for her. It is almost scary how much Gaby reminds me of Terri already - she seems to have a very similar temprement, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing!

No comments: