Friday, July 13, 2007

changing overnight

Gaby has been changing overnight - quite literally too! The past three or four days, each morning she wakes up looking different, and making different noises. It is so overwhelming how quickly she's growing up - for instance this afternoon, she pulled herself up to a standing position! She has never done that before, hell she's never even seemed CLOSE to doing that before, but there she was!

Yet again, I have become overwhelmed when thinking about how much I love Gaby. I was in her room talking to her this morning & I began crying, because all of this love was just pouring out. It terrifies me to think that something could happen to her, or that something could happen to me.... I hope to god (not that I believe!) that nothing happens, that in 50 years time we have a normal mother/daughter relationship, but I guess no one can predict what is going to happen in the future.

Gaby still isn't crawling, but today she seemed to get closer and closer with each little attempt, so I'm sure it can't be too far away. Watch out world! when she does start crawling - nothing is going to be safe! Tomorrow we are going to Timaru to see Nana who is in hospital, and we are then going to see Deb, Mark & the boys - and they are coming up here for the night, because Mark and Corey are going to the All Blacks match (lucky bastards). I am sure that Deb hasn't seen Gab since Christmas - in which case, that is over 6 months ago! I'm looking forward to getting away from Christchurch...

No comments: