Friday, March 9, 2007

spoilt baby girl

I got my course related costs y/day, and as usual, didn't spend them on course related costs! LOL

Me & Gaby went shopping & I bought her about $200 worth of new clothes!!! I probably shouldn't have, but I just couldn't resist. It makes me feel better when I buy cute stuff for her! Maybe i'm trying to over-compensate for Stu as well, even though Gaby is wayyyyyy to young to realise that she has all these new clothes.
top!

Aunty Terri also spoilt her after work, buying her a new pair of shoes, a belt & a new t-shirt that says "I love my Uncle"..

... which kind of brings me to my next point....

It's occurred to me over the past couple of days, that Gaby has more to do with her Uncle Gavin - than she has to do with her own father. I hate saying it, but Gaby is a LOT more comfortable around Gavin, than she is around Stu - and it hurts. When we were at the mall y/day, Gavin joined us, and he immediately got Gaby out of the pram & had a big cuddle. Gaby was totally laxed out on him - and she has NEVER done that with Stu.

I don't want the father figure in Gaby's life to be her UNCLE.... but it's looking more and more each day, that that is going to be the way it is. Stu isn't stepping up to the plate - he's not enquired after her since Sunday - that's 5 days today. Another 2 days & it'll be a week since he's seen her. I really thought that even if he didn't give a fuck about me, he would at least want to know how his DAUGHTER is doing. He acted like bloody father of the year on Sunday, when we were around his family, so I guess they think he's the perfect father now.

The perfect father my ass.
He has never changed a nappy.
He has bought about 4 tins of formula.
He has gotten up to her once during the night.
He has never spent a WHOLE day with her.

How am I meant to be Mummy & Daddy for her? How am I meant to give her the nice balanced life she deserves???

No comments: