Wednesday, March 7, 2007

no contact for two days

Well, I think it's started. Stu's "I want to be a good Dad" attitude seems to be wavering. We saw him on Sunday morning for a couple of hours, because we had to go for lunch at his sisters, with his family. He said barely two words to me the whole time (and vice versa) - and I've not heard from him since!!! It's now Wednesday 8.31am - and I have decided FUCK HIM, I'm not going to be the one always making the effort, to get him to come and see Gaby. I'm going to leave it, and see just how long it takes him to arrange to come over.

I'm glad Gaby isn't old enough yet to realise that her Dad isn't seeing her a lot - BUT at the same point, I know she's at the age where she is going to form bonds with people, and if Stu doesn't start seeing her more often, she is going to have a closer bond with her Uncle Gavin, than with her own father! He complains that she looks at him like he's a 'freak', yet looks at me with 'love in her eyes' - gee, could that be because I spend all my time with her, whereas he can barely take an hour out of his week to see his daughter?

At least, I guess, Gaby is getting tonnes of extra love from her Nan, Poppa & Aunty Terri & Uncle Gavin... I read somewhere that the first 7 years of a childs life, set them up for the rest of their life. I think so far Gaby is gearing up for a good life. A baby has never been more loved or cherished.

Terri & Gavin are trying for a baby! I'm so excited, I can't wait for Gaby to have a little cousin to play with, and to have a special bond with! I hope it happens easily for them, because Terri has been through too much heartache in the past 4 years, plus, they are both going to be great parents! Terri was a fabulous Mama to Brodie, and Gavin is a great Dad to Tyler, so their bub is going to be very lucky.

It will be fun having another pregnancy to share!

No comments: