Tuesday, February 27, 2007

4 months old


We made it.. Gaby turned 4 months old yesterday! .... hopefully now the fear of SIDS will start to subside somewhat, now that she has passed the date & age where Brodie passed away.

The early morning of the 26th was an utter bitch. Gaby was awake most of the night, and required TWO bottles (as opposed to the usual.. NONE!), one at 12.30 and one at 6.15. Once we were both up properly, neither of us here happy, and we were both tired. We both cried for an hour or so! She then went to sleep on me & totally melted my heart, and when she woke up, she was back to being the happy Gaby we all love & know.

4 months old. wow! time sure does fly fast! Thursday she'll be 18 weeks old, I can't believe it!

Needless to say, we didn't hear from Stu at all yesterday, not regarding Gaby anyway - so much for 'being a good dad'. I'ts upsetting me, because I don't want Gaby to grow up only seeing her Dad every second weekend, I want him to see her 3-4 times a week, so that she KNOWS her Daddy properly. He just doesn't have a CLUE about raising a baby, or what the 'right' things to do are. It really pisses me off that he acts as though buying 1 can of formula is a huge deal, and makes him Daddy of the year - yet he can afford to go to the wrestling, and to buy stupid crap to sell on trademe.

He's going to have a bloody hernia when I tell him he's going to be paying 50% of the price of Gaby's new carseat!

No comments: